Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Great Moments in Foresight

On Sunday, if the Cardinals had two outs in the bottom of the ninth, the bases were loaded, and they were down by one run, Tony La Russa certainly would have wanted Albert Pujols up. On Tuesday, he'd prefer to go with Aaron Rowand. Rowand lined out, Pujols rode pine, and now everyone's unhappy.

Even with the home field advantage thing I can't bring myself to care all that much about the All Star game, so I suppose we can cut La Russa some slack for not caring either. I mean, it's not as if the Cards are going to be impacted by an NL team playing on the road in the World Series.

But he now has to manage 77 more real games this year with a pissed off star and even more pissed off Cardinals fans, a number of whom, I presume, spent good money to travel to San Francisco to watch their franchise's best player since Stan Musial take a crack at the AL's best.

Now that I think about it, I don't know why everyone is so mad at La Russa. I mean, at least he found a way to make people care about the All Star Game again.

No comments: