Saturday, October 13, 2007

Jocketty to Cincy?

Looks that way. The title would be "CEO" but he would likely run all baseball operations. Jocketty, though, is a GM and always will be a GM, so I can't help but think of this as a major slap at Wayne Krivsky. I'm probably in the distinct minority of folks who think that Krivsky has done an OK job so far, so I think it's an unnecessary move.

Next up, I presume: La Russa and Dave Duncan follow (even though the article says La Russa isn't going anywhere). I suppose that will be a positive for season ticket sales, but I don't see how they're the best fit for the Reds.

Update: I take that back. Jesus tap-dancin' Christ, they went with Dusty. Personally, I think this is an awful move. Homer Bailey should make his reservations with Dr. Andrews' people now to save everyone the trouble later.

4 comments:

Eric Toms said...

Does this mean that Dusty Baker is out as manager?

Craig Calcaterra said...

I would have to think so. Maybe La Russa doens't come, but it doesn't strike me that Baker is a Jocketty kind of guy (and was obviously interviewed before Jocketty came on board given that's he's not yet on board officially).

Craig Calcaterra said...

Obviously I was wrong about the previous comment. Wow. Dusty. Not good.

Eric Toms said...

What's happening in Cinci? I didn't see any of the writers predicting any of this - Jocketty, Baker.

We all know Baker's rep ( deserved or not ), burns out pitchers and doesn't like young players. What does this portend for the blue chippers Bruce, Bailey & Cueto? Will Harang & Arroyo's career's survive?

Is the hiring about no more than selling tickets? Baker is a big name.