Saturday, October 13, 2007

LCSeses

From ESPN's "Game Information" on last night's games:

Attendance in Boston: 36,986 (101.3% full). Neat trick! Now the Red Sox need to go out and give 110%.

Game time in Boston: 3:35. Long, but not as long as it felt. I don't know if it's Fox's production or the fact that the outcome of this one was more or less decided early on, but it's gotten to the point where I can't sit through an AL playoff game anymore.

Attendance in Arizona: 48,219 (98.3% full). I couldn't stay up for the whole thing (who could on the east coast?) but I didn't see many crowd shots. My guess, though, based on game 1 and other reports is that 98.3% full is a generous estimate.

Game time in Arizona: 4:26! I know it went 11 innings, but oy vey!

1 comment:

Eric Toms said...

I fell asleep early on during the NLCS game but awoke to see the last handful of innings. Yes, the length of games is stupid. Are the breaks between 1/2 innings longer in the post season? Is this part of the problem?