Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Torre and Mattingly to the Dodgers

Not official yet, but several outlets are saying it's a done deal.

You know, I had planned on writing a post about how the off-season may affect the ShysterBall posting schedule, but if the news keeps up at the rate it's been for the past couple of days, I'm going to be busier around here than I was when, you know, actual baseball was happening.

If this does happen, I have to wonder if (a) it makes Los Angeles the front runner for A-Rod -- I think it does -- ; and (b) if Mattingly is going to get one of those Ray-Knight-in-Cincinnati-deals in which he's basically assured of becoming the next Dodgers manager after Torre decides to retire, on the theory that anyone not named Fredo can only handle being stepped over so often.

No comments: