Thursday, January 24, 2008

Life Interrupts

Due to the demands of the day job, it's going to be a slower than usual posting schedule today. Sorry about that.

In the meantime, I ask you all to consider what the Fukudome flag flap mentioned in the post below is going to do to MLB's China initiative I mentioned yesterday. I mean, I'll concede I may be overreacting a bit to the rising sun, but the Chinese of all people are entitled to have their blood angried up a bit, no? At the very least, methinks a testy conference call between the Cubs and the MLB marketing folks is going on as we speak.

Anyway, I hope to post something late this afternoon, but if not, well, go outside and take a walk or something. It's good for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our day jobs do not stop us from reading your blog, I see no reason why your day job should interfere with your posting to the blog.

Ben Maloy said...

Not only will it have negative effects on MLB's relationship with China, it will also reverberate throughout the rest of Asia (ex Korea, Taiwan). Just look at what happens when the Japanese PM visits the Yasukuni Shrine. The Chinese riot outside the Japanese embassy. Culturally they are a sensitive people and I think that MLB is going to be in for a rude awakening when it starts to market itself more in China with one of its star Asian players sporting the Rising Sun banner.