Thursday, January 10, 2008

Please Adopt Me

A lot of people ask me how I find the time to both blog and practice law. It's not easy, of course, but one thing I try to do is to avoid obsessing on my site stats, which is a pursuit most bloggers will admit can take up a lot of time. Sure, I look at the stats when I can (usually at the end of the day), but for the most part it's write-work-write-work.

This afternoon, however, I'm a little bored, so I was scanning some of the day's visiting IP addresses. One stuck out:

ISP: The Ritz Carlton Hotel Company
Location: Aspen, Colorado

Whoever that was, I would like to announce that they have just won the heretofore secret "Win a Weekend with Shyster!" contest. To make things easier on you, I'll come to where you are. Say, tomorrow? You just get the lift tickets and make the dinner reservations. I'll totally pick up the bill at some later date. Honest.

Oh wait, I just realized that they won't see this because they're probably out skiing right now. Bastard.

5 comments:

Jason @ IIATMS said...

As a blogging newbie, I just found out how to track stats and stuff myself. [I feel like my Dad asking me what does CTRL-C mean].

That said, I noticed I had a visitor from Katy, Texas. Home of the Rocket. Wonder if it was him. Wonder if I should hide.

Enjoy Aspen!

Anonymous said...

hello from Aspen, it is cold!

Craig Calcaterra said...

Yeah, but the fire in the bar of the Ritz is probably pretty damn warm.

Not that I'm jealous or anything.

Eric Toms said...

I would stand a better chance of launching the space shuttle than finding and interpreting the stats from my blog ( however meagre ).

Craig Calcaterra said...

Pete -- I'm guessing more people read your stuff than you think (to those who don't know, Pete writes "A Baseball Geek," a link to which you can find on the top of the blogroll to your left) you think. For one thing, it's really good. For another, I've seen it linked in quite a few places, so there's probably more traffic than you think. Comments aren't a very good guide as to traffic, in that I have found the lurking to commenting ratio to be way higher than I ever would have guessed.

But you may be right not to want to check the stats. It can be a strangely addictive exercise in pure ego.