Friday, January 4, 2008

Politics

Between the Nick Swisher trade and Britney's standoff, I somehow missed that some kind of contest or whatever was going on in Iowa yesterday. Huh.

While I have no intention of allowing politics to seep into the otherwise unspoiled beauty that is ShysterBall, I will probably let-fly with some occasional, random, and primarily non-partisan political links between now and November. I mean, I believe that baseball is the only thing that matters, but I have to at least pretend to care what happens to the rest of the world, right?

First up, my good friend Ethan Stock, who has some provocative predictions for the next 20 years of our political lives based on the caucus results. Ethan is the founder and CEO of a pretty spiffy technology company -- not some CW-obsessed political writer -- so whether you agree or disagree with him, he can always be counted on to have a fresh perspective about such things. Those Silicon Valley guys are funny that way.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled offseason.

No comments: