Friday, January 25, 2008

"Rickey Would Like You to Rephrase the Question"

Rickey Henderson is being sued by the promoter of sports collectibles shows who says the stolen base king didn't hold up his end of the bargain:

MAB Celebrity Services has filed a $5,000 lawsuit against the former Yankees and Oakland Athletics great, accusing him of not showing up to events
that he had agreed to attend to sign autographs.
I don't know who represents the plaintiff, but I feel sorry for the poor bastard who has to take Rickey's deposition. I mean, you're supposed to ask open-ended questions in depositions, but if you do that to Henderson you're going to be there for a month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From one lawyer to another, I doubt there will be much depo taking in this case. Plaintiff is asking for $5,000. Other than a friend of the plaintiff, I don't know what attorney would take that case. It might even be in small claims court.

Anonymous said...

Ricke's claims are not small!