Thursday, June 19, 2008

That Happened, But I Missed It

It's been an unusually frustrating week for your humble blogger. A trial that no one thought would happen happened anyway. Children who usually sleep until 7 have woken up at 5:30. A normally reliable and sturdy digestive system decided to betray me in the most uncomfortable of ways. As a result of all of this, I was whipped last night. As I turned off the Cubs-Rays game, I knew there was no way I was going to be able to read box scores and recaps and come up with pithy little things to say about them. Instead, I picked up my well-worn copy of The Great Shark Hunt, read about three-fourths of "Strange Rumblings in Aztlan" and fell asleep with my glasses on my nose.

I'm still moving a bit slowly this morning, so I'm going to give the recaps a rest for the day (They take more mental energy than you might think). I'm not taking the day off, though, and blogging will resume shortly and be pretty normal for the rest of the day.

6 comments:

Dre said...

Sure, skip a recap when the DBacks have a good Pythag special... hope you feel better.

tHeMARksMiTh said...

Here's something that won't take much mental energy, and you can be Chipper.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2008/05/20/baseballhitgame.html

Craig Calcaterra said...

OK, that thing has to be rigged. I played it twice, and went 0-40.

/goodbye afternoon . . .

Anonymous said...

APBA Guy-

Feel better-you have to feel better than the beloved A's did after last night's return to normalcy. Since half of them live in the Phoenix area, maybe all their kids woke up at 5:30 also, and the green chiles in their salsa verde were a little off.

Anonymous said...

rub some dirt on it, ya wimp.

Craig Calcaterra said...

"rub some dirt on it, ya wimp."

[laughing my ass off]