(1) whether I'm going to make it up there in time for the opening ceremonies;That last one is kind of important for our purposes here. I tend to have attention span issues, so I could totally see myself checking out of convention land for a few hours here and there, going back up to my room, and banging out 250 words about, well, whatever. I could also see myself just getting lost walking around and doing nothing more than Friday's recaps. At the same time, seeing as though I won't be on family duty, I may take the unusual step of posting some stuff on Saturday and Sunday too. Really, I have no idea. Check back every so often. We'll get through this thing together.
(2) if I do make it up there in time, whether special guest speaker Bob Feller will be alerted to my presence and have his goons tear me limb from limb for my insolence;
(3) whether I deserve the beating or not. I think I might, actually;
(4) what I will do once I settle in. There are a lot of research presentations and meetings, and I have no idea what to see. Maybe I'll just find some cool kids and follow them around;
(5) whether I'll meet any cool kids.
(6) how much I'll be blogging while I'm there.
Finally, I should note that I'm something of a wallflower in these settings, so if you're actually, you know, at the convention yourself, please come up and talk to me. I don't bite, and I promise not to write about you unless you the kind of guy who says some real dumbass thing that causes me to ignore all of your wonderful qualities.