Monday, September 8, 2008

Is Our Children Learning?

President Bush has hosted his final tee ball game on the South Lawn:
Today's tee-ball players, a special group of Little Leaguers, were children of active duty service personnel. The 26 5- to 8-year-olds had an opportunity to hit the ball, run all the bases, and play the field. Grammy award-winning country music artists Rascal Flatts performed "The Star-Spangled Banner" before the president told them, "Play ball" . . . The games were launched the first summer of the Bush administration in 2001 to encourage fitness among America's youth.
I think it's disgusting that children as young as five years-old are being subjected to history's greatest monster in such a transparent attempt to use the innocence of youth to make him look better. But before you jump on me for attacking the President, know that I am not referring to him:
Brian Kilmeade, co-host of "Fox & Friends" and Fox Sports broadcaster Tim McCarver called the game. They introduced each player and told of their favorite baseball player, favorite position or favorite snack.
I have a child who is almost five, and I can assure you that I would die in a hail of gunfire before I'd allow McCarver close enough to her to ask her what her favorite snack was.

3 comments:

tadthebad said...

You had me going for about 3 seconds, and then I laughed my ass off...good stuff.

Ken Dynamo said...

haha, yes tim mccarver is so awful

Anonymous said...

I thought Jimmy Carter was history's greatest monster!
.
.
.
not a political attack, just an old Simpson's reference.