- Danks and Jenks sound like a cartoon cat and mouse team, and Jim Thome is kind of like the big silly dog that would live next door to them, but they were enough to shut down the Twins and win the A.L. Central.
- My thought as the ball came off of Casilla's bat and headed towards center with two out in the ninth: "man, good thing Griffey isn't out there right now."
- My wife was watching with me and asked why everyone was wearing black. I told her about the blackout thing. She said [pointing at the screen] "I guess that's cool, but man, how big a douche is that guy wearing the white hoodie?" Good point. Anyway, despite my snark from this morning, the blackout thing looked pretty darn cool on TV.
- Based on what I've seen from Darrell Hammond on SNL and Frank Caliendo on this year's batch of Frank TV ads, sketch comedy is going to be in big trouble if McCain wins the election, because no one can do him very well.
- Note to TBS: please do not have Dick Stockton read the crew credits before the completion of a close game again. Nothing bad happened in this instance, but you know that at some point the team that is behind will rally, and some new kind of distracting jinx will have been born. Even if that doesn't happen, it's bad form, no?
Congrats to the White Sox!