Friday, November 7, 2008

Deep Thoughts

Occasionally I get the notion that being a professional writer would be a glamorous job. Then I do things like add a bunch of people I kinda/sorta/vaguely/virtually know as friends on Facebook, and the ones who respond almost instantly -- at prime party hour on a Friday night, mind you -- are the ones who happen to be professional writers.

So though I already knew it on some level, it's helpful to remember that quitting the law and becoming a writer wouldn't have me out fighting crime at night or anything.

5 comments:

Keith Law said...

are the ones who happen to be professional writers.

Well, I'm guessing most/all of us also happen to be parents, which means we're always home on Friday nights.

Craig Calcaterra said...

Excellent point.

Eric Toms said...

I finally figured out Facebook, in part due to your invitation last nite to be "your friend". I actually have a profile now and 5 friends! I also learned that Jason Rosenberg has hair! A lot of it too! I had previously thought he was a bald guy. Isn't there a group photo on his blog which includes a bald dude?

Diesel said...

Also, at this time of year, a lot of sports writers are on the road Fridays for various football-related activities. Needless to say, there ain't a whole lot to do in Pullman except get drunk in the hotel bar and/or accept Facebook friend requests.

Who am I kidding? They don't have wireless in Pullman.

Jason @ IIATMS said...

Yes, I have hair! I am part of the follically gifted club. Graying but staying, baby!

There's a group photo but no one with a scalp showing; though my younger brother will be there soon unless he does something about it!